Mike Bishop is an experienced and active educator, designer, producer, and performer. He is in demand as a clinician internationally. He currently serves as the Front Ensemble Coordinator of the Crossmen Drum & Bugle Corps and Cedar Park High School in the Austin, TX area. Mike is also a member of the Front Ensemble Faculty of Rhythm X and is excited to join The X Academy team. Mike has over a decade of experience, teaching, designing, and creating for the marching activity in the United States, Europe, and Japan Some of his notable ensembles of the past include Carolina Crown, European X , Redline, Blue Stars, and Bellbrook High School.
Mike is spending March and April in Ohio to finish the season instructing the Rhythm X PIW Front Ensemble. While he is in the Miami Valley he will be offering the following services to local programs: Front Ensemble Consultation, Audio Engineering and Sample Creation, as well as General Effect and Overall Program Consultation.
Mike offers Front Ensemble Consultation that can include:
- an in depth technique session covering proper two mallet and four mallet grips, ensemble cohesiveness, and performance quality.
- Mike running a rehearsal alone or along side your current Front Ensemble Staff.
- workshopping through the score in rehearsal and checking out areas of concern.
- create WGI rule-adhering samples and sound effects for your program.
- mix, dial-in, and master your electronic and acoustic sounds.
Mike 's Program Overview can:
- provide ways to enhance the effectiveness of moments, both big and small, as they occur throughout your program.
- help ensure the program is paced in a way that keeps the audience engaged and entertained.
- help find new ways to further develop the program and it's overall design and effectiveness.